Dinesh Karthik saying about MS DHONI

MS Dhoni Is A Topper In University Where I Am Still Studying, Says Dinesh Karthik

Dinesh Karthik became an overnight star when his match-winning knock of 8-ball-29 runs against Bangladesh helped India clinch the Nidahas Trophy on Sunday. However, Karthik still feels like a "student in a University where Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a topper", when comes to the tag of the best finisher. "When it comes to Dhoni -- I am studying in a university where he is the topper. He is one of the guys I have always looked up to. It is unfair to compare me with him," Karthik told media persons during an interaction, on Tuesday. Interestingly, Karthik made his international debut in September 2004 during Champions Trophy in England, three months before Dhoni's debut against Bangladesh in a bilateral series in December.
In the next 14 years, Dhoni became India's most successful captain and one of its greatest limited overs exponent while Karthik struggled in the fringes, waiting for his chances.
"His (Dhoni) journey has been totally different and my journey is a different one. He is a terrific guy. He is somebody who used to be reserved, shy. Today, he is a person, who is really vocal in helping the youngsters. I feel these comparisons are very unfair. As I said, he is probably a topper in a university, where I am studying. I am just happy in the space I am in," Karthik said.

Comments